The plenary speakers for EvoLang XI have been announced. As well as standard plenaries, there are two discussion plenaries, focussed on a theme with discussants taking different positions.
The deadline for paper submission is the 4th of Setpember 2015 (see the conference website).
Language localization in the brain
- Evenlina Fedorenko (Psychology, Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Sharon Thompson-Schill (Psychology, University of Pennsylvania)
- Thom Scott-Phillips (Anthropology, Durham University)
- Richard Moore (Philosophy/Cognitive Science, Berlin School of Mind and Brain)
- Vincent Janik (dolphin communication, Biology, University of St. Andrews)
- Joan Bybee (usage-based grammaticalization, Linguistics, University of New Mexico)
- Ljiljana Progovac (Evolution of Syntax, Linguistics,Wayne State University)
- Erich Jarvis (neurobiology of birdsong, Neurobiology, Duke University)
- Dean Falk (paleoneurology/motherese, Anthropology, Florida State University)