The deadline for the 2nd XLanS conference on Triggers of Change in the Language Sciences has extended its submission deadline to June 14th.
This year’s topic is ‘triggers of change’: What causes a sound system or lexicon or grammatical system to change? How can we explain rapid changes followed by periods of stability? Can we predict the direction and rate of change according to external influences?
We have also added two new researchers to our keynote speaker list, which now stands as:
- Michael C. Gavin (Colorado State University)
- Olivier Morin (Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History)
- Monica Tamariz (Heriot Watt University)
- Sarah Thomason (University of Michigan)
- Brigitte Pakendorf (University of Lyon)
- Márton Sóskuthy (University of York)